How to Get Started Writing
Creating a successful freelance writing business is really just a numbers game. The MORE people there are who know about you and the type of writing services and products you have to offer, the more work/buyers you will get. It’s just that simple.
The tricky part comes in finding ways to get yourself and your marketing message in front of thousands of people on a regular basis.
I’ve talked about most the following ways before, but here is a list of the easiest ways to get your marketing message in front of thousands of people (and each of these methods is FREE):
1. Create media releases on a regular basis and submit them to sites that offer free online distribution services.
2. Write keyword based articles and submit them to free article directories.
3. Write keyword based articles for your own website or blog at least 2 to 3 times a week. Be sure you post quality content that is relevent to your target market.
4. Visit other blogs in your niche and leave keyword rich comments with a link back to your website or blog.
5. Guest blog for other bloggers who have a similar target market as you do and make sure you can include a link to your site with your blog post.
6. Create your own Internet radio show to increase your visibility and credibility as an expert in your field.
Over time, if you use each of these methods, you won’t have to go searching for new clients and customers, they’ll start coming to you. But it takes time and consistent effort to make these marketing methods pay off. Be patient and persistent.
P.S. It’s tough being patient and persistent, especially if you aren’t sure what you’re doing is working. But stick with it! If you need a little “nudge” every weekday morning to keep going, get your free subcription to The Morning Nudge.