Daily Writing Practice
Have you started a daily writing practice?
Use one or more of these prompts for a little creative writing practice every morning.
We have plenty of prompts here – 10 new ones every week – so scroll back through our Creative Writing Prompts column when you need more.
1. Jan rolled over and closed her eyes again. She didn’t want to get out of bed this morning of all mornings because…
2. “Did you really mean what you said to me last night?” Mary said to Joe.
3. Jennifer was tired of worrying about money. Today she would do something about her situation.
4. Margot knew Max was nothing but trouble. But she couldn’t help herself.
5. Shelly wanted to help him more than anything in the world, but…
6. Mark glared at Hailey. “I know why you’re here,” he said finally.
7. “I don’t care what you think,” said Sandra. “I have to do this.”
8. The final passengers from the plane were coming into the terminal. Kelly felt a pang of fear in her gut as she scanned the crowd…
9. “How about dinner tonight?” said Michael.
10. Terri looked at Brad. “I don’t care what you do,” she said.